Bath Armed Forces and Veterans Breakfast Club – New Group
About This Group
READ BEFORE APPLYING TO JOIN - ALL ARMS VETERANS & SERVING
Welcome to the Bath Armed Forces & Veterans Breakfast Club. We are a group of veterans & serving members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces, & like other Veteran’s Breakfast Clubs around the country, & overseas. Our ethos is mutual support; it works because we all have a similar humour & outlook, & the social life we now enjoy is like our service days.
We meet monthly on the second Saturday of each month for breakfast from 9th June 2018 at;
The Shallows, Saltford, Bristol BS31 3EZ
Tel: 01225 873600
All services veterans (If you can cope with the banter), turn up on a Saturday morning & you will be made welcome.
1) While serving in the Armed Forces, although allowed personal political views, we were not allowed to express them; it also applies here; your politics/religion are your own business.
2) Non-members/former members of any armed forces or uniformed services, or association with such, should be clear & honest about this when applying to join the group.
Those impersonating veterans ('Walts'), be warned; if suspicious, we will not rest until confirmed, & you WILL be exposed, 'outed', blocked & excluded, as this is NOT tolerated by any veteran!
3) Non-veterans are sometimes accepted with the agreement of veterans/serving members, & are welcome to make suggestions, but their status will remain that of a 'guest' when it comes to ‘policy’ of the group. The group is exclusively for veterans & serving personnel of Her Majesty's Armed Forces & her allies; civilians/non-veterans will not be consulted or influence decisions effecting the group. Anyone unhappy with this status may leave.
4) No financial gain is sought by any member, nor will the seeking of such be tolerated for themselves, or any organisation, no matter how 'deserving', without agreement of the group as a whole.
5) BE WARNED; the nature of military service involves 'black humour' resulting in posts which are not 'politically correct'. If you are offended, there are two options open to you:-
Don't read it, or leave.
6) That said, if you find anything overtly offensive, or seriously prejudicial i.e. in your opinion not fitting the spirit of 'black humour', &/or, for example, bullying or demeaning to yourself or another member, it should be brought to the attention of an admin. If you are unsatisfied with their response, there are other admins you can speak to.
7) We will not tolerate the prejudicial treatment of different categories of people on the grounds of race, age, sex, physical or mental illness/disability: bullying or harassment will not be tolerated, & anyone bullying or harassing others may be deleted, blocked & excluded.
|Facebook Group URL||Join/Visit our group|
|Are you registered with Cobseo||Please Select|